With the festive season upon us, it seems only fitting to invite a colourful salad to brighten up our dinner tables (and BBQs)! A salad that not only looks good but is packed with potassium, folate, antioxidants and Vitamins C and K, to keep us sparkling through the holidays.
Edamame works just as well as the green beans so you can swap them out if you prefer. Firm avocado also makes a delicious addition; add it immediately before serving so it doesn’t have time to brown.
Dress with your favourite French salad dressing, or keep it simple and just drizzle with leftover pomegranate juice, lemon juice and olive oil. xx
- ½ cup white quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 large pomegranate
- 4 cups green leaves
- 10 green beans, trimmed and halved
- 4 small radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Pinch sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place quinoa and water in a small saucepan over medium heat and simmer until quinoa has absorbed all of the water. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Cut pomegranate in half and squeeze each half over a large bowl to extract the juice and seeds.
- Arrange green leaves on a plate and top with beans, radishes and pomegranate seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil, pomegranate and lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy.