Ooh, I’m having so much fun creating fast, easy recipes for The Sparkle Project!
This Zucchini, Pea & Mint Salad is fresh and healthy, ridiculously easy to make, and makes a gorgeously festive side dish for your holiday parties.
Add avocado slices or a sprinkle of spice (cayenne pepper?) if you’re in an adventurous mood, or just enjoy the simple, delicious flavour combination as is.
If (like me) you don’t own a mandoline, you can just use your vegetable peeler. Press down firmly and move it slowly along the zucchini or check out this demo video. These ‘ribbons’ also work really well in Raw Lasagne or Raw Green Spaghetti. A fun, gluten-free alternative brimming with antioxidants and Vitamin C. xx
Zucchini, Pea & Mint Salad
- 2 Zucchini courgette
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pinch sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Lay zucchini lengthwise on a chopping board.
- Using a mandoline or vegetable peeler, remove one outer strip of skin and discard. Peel again, in long strips and periodically rotating the zucchini, to create 'ribbons' from all around the core. Discard the core or use it in another recipe (or juice it!).
- Place zucchini ribbons in a large bowl and drizzle with oil and lemon juice. Mix well (but gently) to coat all ribbons.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Rinse frozen peas under warm water.
- Arrange zucchini ribbons on serving plate, top with peas and mint leaves, and serve.