Happy VVP Saturday, beautiful soul!
If you’ve been around these digs for a while now, you’ll remember how much fun we had at the last couple of Virtual Vegan Potluck parties with Raw Red Velvet Cake Ice-Cream and Beetroot & Vegan ‘Goat Cheese’ Tarts:
Well it’s BACK, baby, bigger and better than ever!
More than 150 food bloggers worldwide have teamed up to bring you an incredible smörgåsbord of vegan dishes to delight and inspire you! Click on the buttons below to follow the drool-worthy trail around the world.
A huge thank you to An Unrefined Vegan and Vegan Bloggers Unite for hosting this amazing, global party once again.
And since I may as well stay on this Beet track (especially now that it’s the featured ingredient of the party), I present for your VVP pleasure: fast, easy, healthy Pickled Beet Mini Tacos!
These appetisers are a cinch to make and the smooth cream, orange zest and chives combine to turn a simple pickled beet into a surprisingly delicious, tangy little treat.
- 1 large beetroot
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Pinch sea salt
- Handful of fresh chives, chopped
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- ½ cup filtered water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch sea salt
- Peel beetroot and thinly slice.
- Place beetroot slices into a container and add enough apple cider vinegar to just cover them (about 1 cup). Add a pinch of sea salt.
- Cover and place into the fridge. Leave to 'pickle' overnight.
- Remove beetroot from the fridge, bend and feed slices onto small skewers.
- Place all macadamia sour cream ingredients into a high-powered blender or food processor and whiz on high until smooth and creamy. If you have a very juicy lemon, just add a few more nuts until you get a thick, creamy consistency.
- Spoon cream into beet 'tacos', sprinkle with chives and orange zest, and serve.
And now it’s on to the rest of the VVP party! Click the buttons below to follow this celebration around the globe or click HERE to navigate the entire party (if these links aren’t working yet).
Have fun! xx