Now that the weather’s warming up (YAY!), I’m all about the salads and have been throwing together all kinds of crazy combinations.
Salad doesn’t have to equal boring, beautiful! Let your imagination run wild. Experiment. Have fun. Go nuts. Invent your own themed bowls that explode with flavour.
This one’s jam-packed full of goodness, nutrition, flavour, and crunch, and can be thrown together in a jiffy!
Use whatever quantities you like. Add a few nuts, chickpeas/lentils, or hummus for an extra protein boost, or bulk it up with brown rice or quinoa.
Pack it for your lunch or a picnic and add the dressing just before you munch it, to keep it from getting soggy.
Here comes the sun, na na na na…
Mediterranean Twist Salad
- Rocket/arugula leaves
- fresh basil leaves
- sun-dried tomatoes
- sesame seeds
- balsamic glaze or splashes of olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Place 2 or 3 handfuls of rocket/arugula leaves into each serving bowl.
- Slice all salad ingredients and toss into the serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with pepitas and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze or olive oil and balsamic vinegar, serve and enjoy!