Happy VVP Saturday, beautiful soul!
If you’ve been around these digs for a while now, you’ll remember how much fun we had at the Virtual Vegan Potluck parties last year with Raw Red Velvet Cake Ice-Cream and Taco Salad Bowls.
Well it’s BACK, baby, bigger and better than ever!
This time more than 160 bloggers worldwide have joined forces to bring you an incredible smörgåsbord of vegan dishes to delight and inspire you! Click on the buttons below to follow the drool-worthy trail around the world.
A huge thank you to An Unrefined Vegan, Vedged Out and Vegan Bloggers Unite for hosting this amazing, global party.
And without further ado, I bring to the table: Fast, Simple, Beetroot & ‘Goat Cheese’ Tarts!
- 3 sheets frozen Puff Pastry (check ingredients to ensure it's vegan)
- 1 large tin (850g/30oz) Baby Beetroots
- ½ cup raw Cashews
- ¼ cup raw Macadamias
- ¼ cup raw Pine Nuts (or more Macadamias but the flavour is better with a mix)
- ¼ cup filtered Water
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Pinch Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or more filtered water, but oil gives a silkier texture)
- A handful of sprigs of fresh Thyme
- An hour or two before you are ready to make these tarts, pop the 'Goat Cheese' nuts into a large bowl of water and allow to soak.
- When you are ready to make the tarts, preheat oven to 200C/400F (or slightly less if fan-forced).
- Remove 3 sheets of Puff Pastry from the packet and allow to thaw slightly for 10 minutes.
- Drain nuts and combine all 'Goat Cheese' ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy and then transfer mixture to a small bowl or jar.
- Grease a muffin tin or arrange small patty pans on a baking tray (either one is fine but a tiny muffin tray works best).
- Use an upturned glass to cut circles out of the pastry and push them into the muffin holes on the tray (or patty pans).
- Drain Beets and pop a small one into the centre of each pastry cup. If there are some large beets, just cut them in half and divide them among two cups - round side facing up.
- Pop the tarts into the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove tarts from oven and arrange on a serving plate. Drizzle with 'Goat Cheese', garnish with Thyme, and enjoy!
And now it’s off to enjoy the rest of the party! Click ‘Go Forward’ to continue the tour. Have fun! xx