WELCOME to the Virtual Vegan Potluck, beautiful souls! Thank you so much for visiting and to An Unrefined Vegan, Vedged Out and Vegan Bloggers Unite for hosting this amazing, global party!
ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
It all started with this incredible Red Velvet Smoothie recipe from Keepin’ It Kind. I couldn’t stop gawking at the incredible photos or daydreaming about what it would taste like. So what if I’m Australian and have never tasted a Red Velvet Cake in my life? My imagination said it would be awesome. Anything that pretty has gotta be good, right?
Armed with my new ice-cream maker and oodles of enthusiasm I decided to try my hand at creating an ice-cream version. I kept it all raw and healthy but went a bit sweeter and denser for the ice-cream translation.
And the verdict? Oh my WOW, I am in love with a cake that I have never even bitten! I will be devouring this stuff all summer long. Healthy, satisfying and oh so delicious.
Oh and if beets freak you out, I implore you – just try this once. I’m pretty sure you’ll be crushing on it as hard as I am. ♥ (And if not, I happily accept ice-cream deliveries!)
Makes a large tub – probably about 6 serves (plus the serve I drank straight out of the blender, sshhhh):
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup filtered water
- 10 frozen strawberries
- 2 small, very ripe bananas
- 1 small beetroot (pick the softest one you can find), peeled and grated or diced
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Dash of sea salt
- 3 tbsp dark agave nectar / pure maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into ice-cream maker and follow machine instructions.
- Pour mixture into a freezer-proof container and freeze until hard.
- Scoop ice-cream into bowls and enjoy your guilt-free, super healthy treat!
And now on to enjoy the rest of the party! Click ‘Go Forward’ to continue the tour. Have fun! xx