Now it wouldn’t be Vegan MoFo without a vegan getting all wild and crazy and throwing all the vegan staples – hummus, tofu and pesto – into a single dish, would it? It’s just mad enough to work and by joves, work it does!
Hummus gives a lovely earthy texture and flavour whilst tofu and cheeze balance it out with fluffy creaminess. Pesto joins the party with a fresh herb flavour and chilli adds little sparks of interest throughout.
On top of all that, these snazzy guys are a cinch to make and you could even pre-make and refrigerate and then just pop them into the oven when your friends arrive for your fabulous dinner party. Or even a brunch party!
Vegan MoFo Cheezy Broccoli Stuffed Mushrooms
- 7 portobello mushrooms stems removed
- 150 g hummus
- 150 g firm tofu chopped
- Half a broccoli head of florets chopped
- 1 cup cheeze chopped (I love Vegusto or Notzarella)
- 1/2 a small red chilli chopped
- Pesto see below
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine all pesto ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined.
- In a large bowl, mix pesto with hummus, tofu, broccoli, cheeze and chilli. Season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Place mushrooms top down on a lined baking tray and fill with mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheeze looks melted.
- Remove from oven and served topped with sliced spring onion.