You know those great girlfriends you have that you may not catch up with all the time (where does the time go, where?) but when you do it’s like no time passed at all?
I rounded up two of mine on Sunday. After a crazy fun catch up, we treated ourselves to Gold Class cinema tickets and settled in to watch ‘Mental’ – a crazy Australian movie that is essentially about loving and believing in yourself, even if you don’t fit in. Or even if your friends think you’re weird for bringing fluffy socks to wear in the cinema (my feet get cold!).
Fun, zany, and totally kooky, this flick really is mental.
Amidst our popcorn, bubbles and giggles, we got to reminiscing about the magical night when one of their hubbies cooked us all an amazing Thai feast. I still think about my favourite dish from that night – Pumpkin Red Curry. It was superb and incredible and I’m sure he spent hours selecting the right ingredients and making everything from scratch.
Naturally after we talked about it I wanted it BIG TIME but I was in the mood for a much faster version…
Lighter than a traditional Thai curry & rice but with just as much pizzaz, I give you: Thai Pumpkin & Chickpea Wraps!
Fast, fresh, tasty and oh so easy to make.
Vegan MoFo Thai Pumpkin & Chickpea Wraps
- 4 tbsp Thai red curry paste check ingredients to ensure it's vegan
- 400 g pumpkin chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 tin chickpeas drained
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 6 large green leaves silverbeet/collard/spinach, etc, washed
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- In a large pot or pan over medium heat, stir pumpkin and curry paste for a couple of minutes until aromatic.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for ten minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Add chickpeas and lime juice and simmer for two more minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Line lettuce leaves with pumpkin mixture. Top with coriander and roll into wraps.