Oh I know, I know, I need an intervention.
My name is Bex and I am a Choc Mintaholic. It has been… ummm… about 7 minutes since my last hit.
BUT (and in my defence!), not to be confused with my other favourites, Choc Mint Mousse, Choc Mint Slices with Choc Ganache, and Mint Choc Chip Smoothie – the Choc Mint Smoothie has so much more to give!
The banana, cacao and cashews combine to provide a silky chocolate base whilst the mint and vanilla play tag on your tongue. Who could resist, I ask you?
Not me, evidently. xx
Choc Mint Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup raw cashews pre-soaked in a covered bowl of water in the fridge overnight, then drained and rinsed
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 medjool dates pitted (pre-soaking optional)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maca powder optional - for an extra sparkle boost
- Pinch sea salt
- Handful of ice
- Combine all ingredients in blender, liquids first.
- Blend on low speed, then high, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with raw cacao nibs and fresh mint leaves, and enjoy!