Now, I don’t want you to think all I do is sit around and eat desserts all day.
“What do you do with all the food you make for your blog?”, my friend asked recently.
“Well… I eat it!”, I laughed in surprise.
Was she was hinting that I’m eating more than my fair share of desserts these days? hehe, maybe.
But this one is packed with nutrition and so healthy you won’t think twice about whipping up a batch (and of course, *ahem*, sharing it with your friend).
It’s also incredibly easy and works just as well in a normal blender or a food processor – no Vitamix required.
You can skip the mint and just enjoy it traditional chocolate style if you like, but I’m a firm believer in the power of Mint Choc Chip Smoothies, Raw Choc Mint Slices with Choc Ganache and, well, pretty much all mint choc chip desserts. Everywhere. All the time. GIVE THEM TO ME!
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 large ripe banana
- 5 Medjool dates (pitted and pre-soaked in warm water for 10 minutes)
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leaves, tightly packed (plus a few more leaves for garnish)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Blend on low speed first, building up to high speed, continuing until whipped and creamy.
- Pop food processor/blender vessel into the fridge until ready to serve.
- Use a piping bag or spoon into glasses, sprinkle with chopped raw chocolate or cacao nibs, garnish with extra mint leaves, and enjoy!