Or is it more ‘Coconut Lime Cheesecake’ Smoothie?
My lovebug and I couldn’t decide, and when it tastes this good, who cares what you call it!
Best of all? You can hide all that green spinach goodness inside it for an extra sparkle boost!
Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup organic shredded coconut (unsweetened, plus extra for garnish)
- 1 - 2 handfuls fresh spinach leaves
- 3 Medjool dates pitted
- 2 handfuls ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, liquids first.
- Blend on low-speed, building up to high-speed, and continuing until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
20 Comments on Key Lime Pie Smoothie
2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Key Lime Pie Smoothie
[…] Rebecca Weller/vegansparkles.com […]
[…] 7. Key Lime Pie Smoothie […]
email@example.comAugust 11, 2013 at 11:59 pm (10 years ago)
Hi Bex! The Key Lime Pie smoothie looks so good! I would love to have it right now! I love the fact that you added avocados for the creaminess!
* Vegan Sparkles *August 14, 2013 at 4:08 pm (10 years ago)
They’re so good in this, Rika! Get into it, girl! 🙂 x
Caeli @ Little Vegan BearAugust 12, 2013 at 4:28 pm (10 years ago)
This sounds so yummy. I’ve been on a bit of a lime kick lately, and love avos in smoothies..will have to try this one x
* Vegan Sparkles *August 14, 2013 at 4:17 pm (10 years ago)
Oh you’ll love it then, Caeli! The lime ‘zing’ definitely wakes you up. 🙂 x
Katie (A Fork in Hand)August 14, 2013 at 6:29 am (10 years ago)
I do believe I’m becoming a bit obsessed with your smoothie recipes. I’ll be giving this one a try tomorrow morning 🙂
* Vegan Sparkles *August 14, 2013 at 4:21 pm (10 years ago)
hehe, you can join me in my smoothie addiction! I hope you love it, Katie. 🙂 x
Jill - Just Love YourselfAugust 15, 2013 at 7:31 pm (10 years ago)
Yum, I cant wait to try this one out. Good luck with your upcoming event. I hope it rocks! Jill
* Vegan Sparkles *August 16, 2013 at 4:24 pm (10 years ago)
Thanks so much, Jill! 🙂
Jacqueline FischAugust 15, 2013 at 10:01 pm (10 years ago)
YAY on your first event! Wishing you luck from the other side of the world! Totally making this smoothie for breakfast!
* Vegan Sparkles *August 16, 2013 at 4:25 pm (10 years ago)
Thanks so much, Jacqueline, and I hope you love the smoothie as much as we did! 🙂
SophieAugust 18, 2013 at 9:50 pm (10 years ago)
I made this beautiful recipe & loved it somuch, my dear friend! It was really divine! x
* Vegan Sparkles *August 22, 2013 at 3:01 pm (10 years ago)
Great to hear it, Sophie! 🙂 x
Laurie @ Whisking & WritingAugust 19, 2013 at 9:59 pm (10 years ago)
This looks so good! I make a pie with similar ingredients so having it in liquid form would certainly be a good delicious decision!
* Vegan Sparkles *August 22, 2013 at 3:03 pm (10 years ago)
Definitely. And best of all – it’s ready in minutes! 🙂
Jacqueline // Upon Wild StarsAugust 20, 2013 at 11:42 am (10 years ago)
YUM! This sounds like the perfect thing for a lime-addict like myself to try out. Thanks a million, Bex xo
* Vegan Sparkles *August 22, 2013 at 3:04 pm (10 years ago)
It’s a Lime-Lover’s dream! 🙂 My pleasure. Get into it, Jacq! xo
Baby JuneApril 15, 2014 at 9:19 pm (9 years ago)
I know this is an old post, but somehow I had this bookmarked away and I finally decided to make this for breakfast. Don’t usually like smoothies, but this one was awesome! Loved the addition of avocado. 🙂
Vegan SparklesApril 16, 2014 at 11:25 am (9 years ago)
Oh I’m so happy you loved it as much as I do, June! The avocado makes it so silky smooth, doesn’t it. 🙂 x