We interrupt regular programming to bring you this delicious smoothie! Please do not adjust your monitors.
Yup, I know our Triple Threat Plan was to review all the amazing US restaurants first (and they’re coming, I promise!) but I just had to bring you this one immediately because just like a Hollywood Diva, it doesn’t want to wait! *stamps foot, storms back to her trailer and slams the door*
Introducing… *drum roll*… The Vegan Sparkles version of The Maca Mint Chocolate Mylkshake from Planet Raw, Santa Monica!
Planet Raw provided our last supper before we headed for the insanely long flight home. I should have been crying but this smoothie was such a sweet, sweet send off, I was all smiles. I fell more blissfully in love with every mouthful and vowed to recreate it as soon as possible when I got home.
Make this for your friends, your family, your kids, your hubby – they’ll never know it’s good for them. Sprinkle with goji berries and serve with a candy cane and it’s even Christmasy! Hallelujah!
The Planet Raw version – ZOMG, SOOOO GOOOOD!!
The Vegan Sparkles version – perhaps not exactly the same but crazy delish enough to get you dancing around the kitchen in your Muscle Beach singlet! You know it, baby!
Makes 2 large smoothies (or 1 very large Vegan Sparkles dinner… *ahem*):
California Vegan - Mint Choc Chip Smoothie
- 350 ml coconut water
- 1 large frozen banana pre-cut into pieces for easier blending
- 4 Medjool dates pitted
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 avocado optional - for extra creaminess, nutrition and colour
- 2 handfuls baby spinach you won't even know it's there, trust me
- 1/3 cup mint leaves firmly packed
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maca powder optional - I didn't have any in the house last night and it was still good!
- Pinch of sea salt
- A handful of ice cubes
- 3 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Throw all ingredients except the cacao nibs into a high-speed blender and blend on high for a few minutes until smooth, icy and creamy.
- Pour into serving glasses and sprinkle with cacao nibs.
- Drink through glass straws and giggle with delight every time a little cacao nib works its yummy way into your mouth.
Coming up next: our review of Candle 79 – a.k.a. Dealer of the Best Brownies in America! Stay tuned!
Happy, healthy holidays, everyone!
Love, hugs and sparkles,