As you know I’m a huge fan of fast, simple, vegan food so I’ll whip my disclaimer in early: this recipe made enough deliciousness for 2-3 people but it’s a fiddly process, so next time I’ll be smarter and make a larger batch.
There was one lovely triangle left in the fridge the next day that was delicious re-heated in the oven, so you could definitely cook once and eat for a few days if you made a larger batch.
Or just become super popular by rocking up with them to BBQs and parties.
Trade for cocktails, anyone?
Sprinkle with sesame, poppy or chia seeds to make them look pretty and pair their hot, sweet spiciness with a fresh, tangy mint sauce and you have a feast fit for an Indian Princess.
Sparkle on, glitterbugs! xx
Tandoori Sweet Potato Triangles with Minted Cashew 'Yoghurt'
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Tandoori paste
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Dash of sea salt
- Half a packet of filo pastry sheets note that the refrigerated kind is easier to work with than the pre-frozen sheets - usually located near the fresh noodles in the fridge section of the supermarket
- Olive Oil spray
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, blend cashews, lemon, water and salt on high until smooth and creamy.
- In a large, airtight container, combine Tandoori paste, cashew 'yoghurt' and sweet potato slices. Pop the lid on and give it a good shake until the marinade covers all the potato.
- Place container in fridge overnight.
- The next day/night, remove container from fridge and pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Lay potato slices on a baking sheet and tray and pour marinade over the top. Bake until potato is soft.
- Remove potato from oven, place in a bowl and mash with a fork, and allow to cool.
- Allow 3 filo sheets per triangle/parcel and spray oil between each sheet before turning it over onto itself. Fill with a few spoonfuls of potato mixture (depending on how large you want them) and roll up into triangles or parcels.
- Place parcels on a clean baking sheet and top each with a spray of oil and a sprinkle of chia seeds.
- Bake until golden.
- Serve with a fresh, crunchy salad and minty 'yoghurt' dressing.
Minty Cashew (Dairy-Free) Yoghurt Dressing
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coriander
- 1 cup mint
- 4 spring onions sliced
- In a food processor, blend mint, coriander and spring onion on low-speed until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Next, blend cashews, water, lemon juice and vinegar on high-speed until creamy. Add a little more water if needed.
- In a bowl, combine cashew 'yoghurt' with the chopped herbs.