Ooh, remember that Hot Fudge Brownie we fell in love with at Candle 79??
Here’s a flashback:
Gahhhh, SO CRAZY GOOD, I vowed to recreate it ASAP. I wanted to make a healthy version, though. Because no-one likes to wear their brownie on their bottom for the whole summer, do they? Course not.
But… a healthy hot chocolate fudge sauce? Is that even possible?
Ohhh, you betcha’ sweet, healthy, brownie bottom, it is!
Vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free and raw, even (until you heat it up). Chock full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and magnesium and best of all it tastes every bit as decadent and heavenly as the original version. Hallelujah!
- 1 cup (250ml) full-fat, organic coconut milk
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- 8-9 Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract (or a few seeds from a vanilla pod)
- Pinch of sea salt
- If you're using a regular blender or food processor, soak the dates in a bowl of water for an hour or so to soften, then drain. If you're using a high-speed blender like a Vitamix, you can skip this step.
- Throw all ingredients into blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Eat immediately or slowly heat in a small saucepan for that extra hot fudge sauce effect, mmmmm...
- Store any leftovers in a glass jar in the fridge for up to a week (haha, kidding! As if it will last that long).
Pour it over the Healthy Fudge Brownies with Candied Pecans I made you during KeepinItKind‘s Holiday Cookie Swap:
Enjoy it as a Fondue sauce with fresh bananas and strawberries:
Or pair it with Healthy Vanilla Ice-Cream and make an incredible Banana Split:
In the name of research we trialled all three versions and loved them all! It’s a tough job…