And finally, the last part of the healthy recreation of the Hot Fudge Brownie we fell in love with at Candle 79 – vanilla ice-cream!
Here’s a flashback of the original:
mmmmmm, it gets me every time!
We want a healthy ice-cream that we can eat whenever we want, though, right?
This version is vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, raw and packed full of nutrition to see you sparkling all throughout summer!
- 1 cup raw cashews (pre-soaked in a bowl of water for an hour or so to soften if you're not using a high-speed blender like a Vitamix)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 6 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract (optional - depending on how strong your vanilla pod is)
- 2 handfuls ice
- Dash sea salt
- Blend all ingredients on high-speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.
- Eat immediately or scoop mixture into an air-tight container and pop into the freezer.
- If you don't have an ice-cream maker, you can ensure a proper ice-cream consistency by stirring the ice-cream every 30 minutes for about 3 hours as it freezes in the freezer.
Enjoy it with the Healthy Fudge Brownies with Candied Pecans I made you during KeepinItKind‘s Holiday Cookie Swap:
Pair it with fresh banana and Healthy Hot Chocolate Fudge Sauce for an incredible Banana Split:
Or just enjoy it with a big spoon, straight from the tub, standing barefoot in your kitchen on a hot summer’s day… ♥