How great is Thai food? The fresh garlic, ginger, chilli and lime juice… mmmmm… the fresh, crunchy vegetables and fragrant herbs…
This Thai Noodle Salad is ready in a jiffy and tastes exactly like daydreams in the sunshine on a tropical island. True story.
You can mix it up and use any vegetables you like – carrots, capsicum, red onion, baby corn. Play it safe and serve the noodles neatly on the side or go wild and mix it all in together for delicious, messy fun. Any way you like it, it’s fresh, tasty and packed with nutrition.
Now, where did I put my coconut?
Thai Noodle Salad
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers thinly sliced into 'ribbons' (see instructions below)
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 snow peas ends trimmed
- 1 small red chilli thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 100 g/3.5oz vermicelli rice noodles
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/8 cup tamari/soy sauce
- 1/8 cup sesame oil
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp fresh garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Place noodles in a large bowl, cover with boiling water and allow to soak for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Lay cucumbers horizontally on chopping board and using a large peeler, run the peeler from one end of the cucumber to the other to create cucumber 'ribbons'.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar.
- Assemble salad ingredients on a serving plate and sprinkle with cashews and sesame seeds.
- Add noodles, drizzle with dressing, and enjoy! x
luminousvegansSeptember 18, 2013 at 5:32 am (10 years ago)
Hey, we’re on the same wavelength with our vegan Thai dishes! This looks superb!
* Vegan Sparkles *September 19, 2013 at 1:43 pm (10 years ago)
hehe, snap! Great minds. 😉
SarahNovember 27, 2014 at 8:48 pm (8 years ago)
Made this today and it was so delicious! Loved the pics too. Thanks for sharing. X
Vegan SparklesNovember 28, 2014 at 2:31 pm (8 years ago)
Oh, so happy to hear that, Sarah. My pleasure. 🙂 x
TarynJanuary 9, 2015 at 4:48 pm (8 years ago)
Thanks for a delicious vegan (and gluten free adaptable) recipe !! Will be making this again !!
Vegan SparklesJanuary 10, 2015 at 8:42 am (8 years ago)
So happy to hear it, Taryn! Enjoy. 🙂 x