Did you play favourites with chocolate bars when you were little or did you like them all?
I always considered Cherry Ripe bars (and Bounty bars, come to think of it) ‘too mature’ for my tastes when I was growing up. Maybe it was a coconut thing? Who knows. Kids are weird.
These days I’m so mature I make them into smoothies! And call them breakfast!
If you can get your hands on fresh cherries that you can pit and freeze yourself, this little gem will taste all the sweeter. If not, packaged frozen cherries tend to be a little more sour but will work just as well.
Serve in a large sundae glass with two straws and invite your lovebug to share. He won’t think you’re weird at all. 😉
- ¾ cup coconut water
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1½ cups frozen, pitted cherries
- ½ cup organic, shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- Pinch sea salt
- Handful of ice
- Place all ingredients into blender, liquids first.
- Blend on low speed, then high, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses, decorate with cherries, cacao nibs and shredded coconut, and enjoy! x