I went to my first yoga-in-the-park class the other morning.
Have you tried it? I felt like I got so much more out of the class, being surrounded by nature rather than by four walls.
The sun was shining, the air was fresh, I made friends with a parrot, and afterwards we (the humans, not the parrot) sipped licorice tea that our yoga instructor had made from fennel seeds.
Fennel seeds! Did you know you could make delicious tea from just one little seed like that? I’m still in awe and made a couple of tea pots full this afternoon, just so I could marvel again.
Now, tea is one thing but soft serve ice-cream from just one ingredient? You better believe it, baby!
If you’re a fan of using frozen bananas in your smoothies you already know the gorgeous creamy texture they give.
Now think creamy, healthy, sugar-free, guilt-free, incredibly simple soft-serve ice-cream made from those same humble bananas.
A banana soft serve? That’s right, banana soft serve ice cream is here and it’s fabulous! Let’s get to it.
1 Ingredient Ice-Cream! Banana Soft Serve
- 1 very ripe banana or 2! per person
- I usually add a dash of pure vanilla essence but this is completely optional
- That's it!
- Peel banana, cut it into 'coins' and freeze it.
- Once frozen, throw the frozen banana 'coins' into your food processor (a blender - even a Vitamix - won't create smooth, creamy soft-serve like a food processor will).
- Pulse it at first then blend on medium speed.
- Wait for the magic to happen when it becomes silky smooth soft-serve ice-cream.
- Remove from food processor and eat immediately, or pop it into a bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes or so if you prefer a harder consistency.
- Experiment with different flavours and textures by adding vanilla pod seeds, frozen berries, shaved coconut, cacao nibs or powder, crushed nuts, peanut butter, or maple syrup.