It was my birthday the week before last. YAY, I love birthdays! Fancy drinks, presents and cuddles, oh my!
Is that why I found myself staring into space at 10am the following Tuesday, daydreaming about cake and drooling on my keyboard?
mmmmmm, licking the spoon after making a fresh loaf of banana bread… Sweet, sweet, cinnamon, banana, walnut, vanilla heaven, I love you…♥
Well, like the mature and sophisticated woman I am now (*ahem*), I decided to take matters into my own hands and create a healthy version! Because let’s face it, we’d all be drinking cake batter straight from the bowl every day if our skinny jeans would let us.
It took two batches to get it just right (who you callin’ Piggy?), but here it is in all its glory, ready to share!
Healthy enough to drink every day and delicious enough to elicit a raised eyebrow from your Lovebug who won’t believe you haven’t poured cake batter straight into a glass…
Banana Bread Smoothie
- 2 cups non-dairy Milk Soy/Almond/Cashew/etc
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 2 large very ripe Bananas, frozen
- 1 tsp pure Vanilla Essence or a few vanilla pod seeds
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp All Spice
- 3-4 Medjool Dates pitted
- Dash of Sea Salt
- 2 handfuls of Ice
- Pop all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses, sprinkle with a little more cinnamon, and enjoy!