Do you love a 10 minute meal prep as much as I do? You’ll love this Peach & Hazelnut Dukkah salad.
Simon Bryant inspired this deliciousness with his gorgeous new book Vegies but his version has a hot, buttery dressing and I wanted to keep it raw and fast with some organic, cold-pressed oil for neurological health.
Another lesson from my Institute for Integrative Nutrition studies is that people will often crave mood ‘uppers’ like sugar, caffeine and alcohol when they are feeling emotionally down and that this can sometimes be cured by increasing the intake of soft, natural mood ‘uppers’ like raw food and water.
Hurray for fast, simple and oh-so satisfying salads!
The peppery rocket leaves, sweet peaches and tangy dressing combine to make a fun little party in your mouth! Like champagne, without the crazy dance moves and hangover.
Use any nuts, seeds and dried herbs you like in the dukkah and store the leftovers in the cupboard for months to use on veggies, in salads or even for crusted tofu.
Enjoy this Peach & Hazelnut Dukkah Salad! xx
Peach & Hazelnut Dukkah Salad
- 3 peaches ripened at room temperature and washed
- 4 cups baby rocket leaves or your fave salad leaves
- 3/4 cup skinned hazelnuts or macadamias
- 1/3 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- Pinch sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Grind hazelnuts on high speed in a food processor. Transfer to a small jar.
- Add sesame seeds, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper and any other dried herbs or seeds that you fancy. Screw jar lid on and shake well to combine.
- In another container, make the dressing by combining 1/3 cup hazelnut/herb dukkah mix, 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/3 cup lemon juice. Shake well.
- Halve the peaches, remove the stones and cut each half into three pieces.
- Combine the peach slices with rocket leaves, pile onto a plate (or 4 small bowls) and pour the dressing over top.