Good things come in threes, especially when it involves dessert.
It is therefore with a huge, sparkly grin that I announce that hot on the heels of the success of Mum’s Amazing Vegan Carrot Cake and Melting Moments, my gorgeous Mum is back with another delicious treat for your weekend!
Inspired by a photo she spotted on The New Me’s Summer Strawberry Cake recipe, Mum created her third vegan cooking masterpiece – Summer Strawberry & Chia Cupcakes!
See if these guys don’t just make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. ♥ They had us at hello.
Vegan MoFo Summer Strawberry & Chia Cupcakes
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup agave nectar/pure maple syrup
- 2 punnets strawberries washed, trimmed and halved
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- In a large bowl, combine chia seeds and warm water and allow to stand until seeds become thick.
- Mix in vanilla extract, oil and agave nectar until well combined.
- Stir in flour, salt and cinnamon until a smooth batter forms.
- Dollop batter into patty pans and top with strawberries (skin side up). Mum also popped a few more strawberries on top of each cupcake about halfway through baking - optional.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before dusting with icing sugar.