Remember my Mum’s amazing vegan carrot cake recipe? It caused quite the stir and is still the most popular recipe on this blog! Way to go, Mum! ♥
Excited by her début vegan baking success, she’s back with another treat for us!
Yup, it’s the magical biscuits that made your heart melt when you were growing up. The creamy, delicate, melt-in-your-mouth circles of deliciousness that gave you tingles from your tongue to your toes.
They’re not a health food but they are a fast, easy treat guaranteed to win friends and giggles.
Ladies and gentlemen, please give a big round of applause for Mum’s Incredible Melting Moments:
Makes about 15 biscuits.
- 250g vegan margarine
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cream margarine and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add sifted flours and mix well.
- Spoon out a small amount, roll into a ball and place ball on baking paper. Flatten with a fork. Repeat until all of the mixture is used.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until pale golden brown.
- Allow to cool before joining biscuits with lemon cream. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- 60g vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- Cream margarine and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Fold in lemon juice and rind.
Just try to make them last all weekend! We couldn’t. 🙂 xx