Oooh, where did the hot weather go? Where?
Never fear. A spicy, tangy, exotic soup will fill you with warmth, sunshine and sparkles, you mark my words.
Fast, fresh, simple and packed with vitamin A and beta-carotene, this soup will also have you seeing like a Moroccan bunny all night long.
For 4-6 large, piping hot bowls:
- 2 tbsp EVOO / coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 600g sweet potato, peeled, diced
- 500g carrots, peeled, diced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in coriander, cumin and chilli powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add sweet potato and carrot. Cook, stirring often, for a few minutes.
- Add stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Blend soup in batches until smooth. Return to pot over medium-low heat. Stir in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy with crusty bread sprinkled with dukkah.
Sparkle on, glitterbugs! See you tomorrow! xx