Virtual Vegan Potluck Beetroot & ‘Goat Cheese’ TartsMay 11th, 2013 90 comments
Happy VVP Saturday, beautiful soul!
Well it’s BACK, baby, bigger and better than ever!
This time more than 160 bloggers worldwide have joined forces to bring you an incredible smörgåsbord of vegan dishes to delight and inspire you! Click on the buttons below to follow the drool-worthy trail around the world.
And without further ado, I bring to the table: Fast, Simple, Beetroot & ‘Goat Cheese’ Tarts!
- 3 sheets frozen Puff Pastry (check ingredients to ensure it’s vegan)
- 1 large tin (850g/30oz) Baby Beetroots
- ½ cup raw Cashews
- ¼ cup raw Macadamias
- ¼ cup raw Pine Nuts (or more Macadamias but the flavour is better with a mix)
- ¼ cup filtered Water
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Pinch Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or more filtered water, but oil gives a silkier texture)
- A handful of sprigs of fresh Thyme
- An hour or two before you are ready to make these tarts, pop the ‘Goat Cheese’ nuts into a large bowl of water and allow to soak.
- When you are ready to make the tarts, preheat oven to 200C/400F (or slightly less if fan-forced).
- Remove 3 sheets of Puff Pastry from the packet and allow to thaw slightly for 10 minutes.
- Drain nuts and combine all ‘Goat Cheese’ ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy and then transfer mixture to a small bowl or jar.
- Grease a muffin tin or arrange small patty pans on a baking tray (either one is fine but a tiny muffin tray works best).
- Use an upturned glass to cut circles out of the pastry and push them into the muffin holes on the tray (or patty pans).
- Drain Beets and pop a small one into the centre of each pastry cup. If there are some large beets, just cut them in half and divide them among two cups – round side facing up.
- Pop the tarts into the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove tarts from oven and arrange on a serving plate. Drizzle with ‘Goat Cheese’, garnish with Thyme, and enjoy!
And now it’s off to enjoy the rest of the party! Click ‘Go Forward’ to continue the tour. Have fun! xx
Trackbacks for this post
- VVP Edition: Mini Jackfruit and Kimchi BLT Slider Bites | Vedged Out
- Bacon and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Talk to Me
Never Miss A Beat!
I dare you to read Bex’ blog without smiling… Miss Sparkles is a breath of fresh air who just inspires with her contagiously happy personality and her insanely delicious recipes.
Mouth watering photos, inspired recipes and a really genuinely lovely personality. Oh and I love the Star Wars/Sci Fi references dotted throughout, so fun!BeckyVeg Hot Pot
Bex is an incredible beauty, who is probably the cutest person I’ve ever met. She radiates positivity so much that she glows, or dare I say, sparkles. I am even more obsessed with Bex and her blog now.KristyKeepin It Kind
This girl is a like a breath of fresh air. I love her bubbly personality and her love of delicious, healthy vegan food. Did I mention she is an awesome Aussie!LisaThe Raw Serenity
Rebecca posts awesome recipes and witty repartee, she is a brilliant photographer as well.
I love this blog for the density of information Rebecca delivers in a witty, fun way. Her blog’s title intrigued me and the content didn’t disappoint. It’s also chock full of great links that have been extremely helpful.
I love this blog not only for her awesome recipes, but also as a testament to how cool it is to commune with someone a half a world away (she’s in Australia, I’m in Colorado, USA).
I love Rebecca’s site. She looks so beautiful and her posts are so down-to-earth and fun. Vegan Sparkles is just an all-round cool site!MadisonVeggieful
Ms. Sparkles is an adorable Australian… We made the Cashew Cream of Mushroom soup and the Moroccan Sweet Potato Chickpea soup. Both were incredible! Vegan or no, you must try them!CatherineThe Catherine Blog
A cheerful vegan blog with great recipes and photos I would like to eat!
Vegan Sparkles makes me want to go Perth! She has probably won The Sunshine Award a dozen times but she’s just too adorable to leave out of this list.LindsayLindsay is Vegan