Oooh, this glass of sparkles wasn’t originally intended for the blog but caused such a splash on Facebook and Instagram this morning, I promised the recipe ASAP!
Now if you’re anything like me, your favourite ‘Sunday Fundays’ begin with an icy cold smoothie.
This smoothie started out as my Lovebug’s craving for the Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie from the Dessert SuperSmoothies eBook but morphed into something else… something just as delicious – a super healthy treat with a kind of ‘white chocolate with tangy berries’ flavour.
Best of all? No pre-soaking required for this one and you can whiz it up in a regular blender if you cut the banana and strawberries into small pieces before freezing them. Or skip the strawberries completely and mix it up with any kind of berry you love. I mixed strawberries with blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and red currants, all of which pack a powerful antioxidant punch.
The perfect punch to power the rest of your day – whatever mischief you decide to get up to.
Wild Berry Fool Smoothies
- 2 cups filtered water or coconut water
- 3 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 large frozen banana peeled
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut organic, unsweetened
- 4 Medjool dates pitted
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Pop all ingredients into blender, water first.
- Blend on low speed, gently building up to high speed, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!