Healthy ‘Peanut Butter & Jelly’ SmoothieMay 28th, 2013 8 comments
Did you know that Blueberries are just bursting with sparkly Antioxidants and Vitamin C and that they just happen to make an incredibly fun and delicious (not to mention healthy) ‘Peanut Butter & Jelly’ Smoothie?
A single sip on this creation had me lamenting all those years of my youth misspent eating Cheese & Vegemite Sandwiches every day. What was I thinking? Kids are weird.
Thankfully I am now a grown-up and can drink nonsense-inspired smoothies every day, YIPPPEEEEE!!
Now, go easy on the peanut butter at first because the blueberries have the more subtle flavour and you want a great balance – just like in the sandwich. Only you know how you like your PB&J – am I right?
Or get all fancy and experiment with cashew or almond butter and see which one you like best.
I’m off to see a Pinterest about a trampoline. And a unicorn.
- 1 heaped cup frozen Blueberries
- 1 cup filtered Water (or Coconut Water)
- 1 frozen Banana
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 3 Medjool Dates, pitted
- ½ tsp pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 handfuls Ice
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and frosty.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Trackbacks for this post
- My Vegan Story: Rebecca "Bex" Weller of Vegan Sparkles -
- 50 Healthier Peanut Butter Recipes You've Never Tried Before | Elite Journalist