Want the secret to feeling sparkly every day?  Get free instant access to The Sparkle Experiment!

Healthy ‘Peanut Butter & Jelly’ Smoothie

Did you know that Blueberries are just bursting with sparkly Antioxidants and Vitamin C and that they just happen to make an incredibly fun and delicious (not to mention healthy) ‘Peanut Butter & Jelly’ Smoothie?

A single sip on this creation had me lamenting all those years of my youth misspent eating Cheese & Vegemite Sandwiches every day.  What was I thinking?  Kids are weird.

Thankfully I am now a grown-up and can drink nonsense-inspired smoothies every day, YIPPPEEEEE!!

*High Five!*

Now, go easy on the peanut butter at first because the blueberries have the more subtle flavour and you want a great balance – just like in the sandwich.  Only you know how you like your PB&J – am I right?

Or get all fancy and experiment with cashew or almond butter and see which one you like best.

Have fun!

I’m off to see a Pinterest about a trampoline.  And a unicorn.

xx

Healthy PB&J Smoothie

Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie

From the kitchen of:

Serves: 2
Prep time:
Total time:

Goodies
  • 1 heaped cup frozen Blueberries
  • 1 cup filtered Water (or Coconut Water)
  • 1 frozen Banana
  • 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
  • 3 Medjool Dates, pitted
  • ½ tsp pure Vanilla Extract
  • 2 handfuls Ice

Instructions
  1. Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and frosty.
  2. Pour into glasses and enjoy!

Healthy PB&J Smoothie

12 Comments on Healthy ‘Peanut Butter & Jelly’ Smoothie

1. Appetite Affliction
    May 28, 2013 at 5:29 pm (1 year ago)

Oh yes. I’ll definitely be making this!! I love PB in my smoothies :D

2. Katie (A Fork in Hand)
    May 29, 2013 at 4:18 am (1 year ago)

What a yummy, nostalgic treat! I think I know what I’m having for breakfast tomorrow…

3. Sophie33
    June 9, 2013 at 4:50 am (1 year ago)

I have a similar smoothy like this often! It looks scrumptious! :)
    MMMMMM!

I miss your tasty visits on my blog! And I have been cooking a lot vegan lately too! x

• * Vegan Sparkles *
      June 10, 2013 at 1:10 pm (1 year ago)

Oh fanastic, Soph! I’m heading over to your place right meow! :) xx

4. Angie [Infinite Health & Wellness]
    July 3, 2013 at 7:50 pm (1 year ago)

I just made this, but I added in spinach and spirulina for it to have some green goodness for the 30 day green smoothie challenge. Oh my god, so good. Although mine didn’t look so pretty :S

• * Vegan Sparkles *
      July 5, 2013 at 2:04 pm (1 year ago)

haha, oh I can imagine the colour but am so happy to hear it was just as yummy! Think I’ll try it green tomorrow! :)

5. erin
    June 9, 2014 at 2:12 pm (4 months ago)

yum!!!just made this…only had 1/4 fresh banana but still amazing!!

• Vegan Sparkles
      June 9, 2014 at 6:11 pm (4 months ago)

So happy to hear you love it as much as I do, Erin – full bananas or not! :)

6. Lauren
    September 22, 2014 at 1:42 pm (1 week ago)

YUM just went out specifically to buy some fresh blueberries to make this :D

• Vegan Sparkles
      September 23, 2014 at 4:43 pm (1 week ago)

Oh fab, Lauren! I hope you love it as much as I do. :) x

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Healthy ‘Peanut Butter & Jelly’ Smoothie

1. […] often find me sipping on a Mint Choc Chip Smoothie, Banana Bread Smoothie, Healthy PB&J Smoothie, Wild Berry Fool Smoothie or Key Lime Pie […]

2. […] Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie With no added sugar, this smoothie mixes berries, dates, vanilla, and peanut butter for a liquified […]

Talk to Me