Healthy ‘Peanut Butter & Jelly’ Smoothie

Did you know that Blueberries are just bursting with sparkly Antioxidants and Vitamin C and that they just happen to make an incredibly fun and delicious (not to mention healthy) ‘Peanut Butter & Jelly’ Smoothie?

A single sip on this creation had me lamenting all those years of my youth misspent eating Cheese & Vegemite Sandwiches every day.  What was I thinking?  Kids are weird.

Thankfully I am now a grown-up and can drink nonsense-inspired smoothies every day, YIPPPEEEEE!!

*High Five!*

Now, go easy on the peanut butter at first because the blueberries have the more subtle flavour and you want a great balance – just like in the sandwich.  Only you know how you like your PB&J – am I right?

Or get all fancy and experiment with cashew or almond butter and see which one you like best.

Have fun!

I’m off to see a Pinterest about a trampoline.  And a unicorn.

Healthy PB&J Smoothie

Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie
From the kitchen of:
Serves: 2
Prep time:
Total time:
  • 1 heaped cup frozen Blueberries
  • 1 cup filtered Water (or Coconut Water)
  • 1 frozen Banana
  • 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
  • 3 Medjool Dates, pitted
  • ½ tsp pure Vanilla Extract
  • 2 handfuls Ice
  1. Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and frosty.
  2. Pour into glasses and enjoy!

Healthy PB&J Smoothie

12 Comments on Healthy ‘Peanut Butter & Jelly’ Smoothie

1. Appetite Affliction
    May 28, 2013 at 5:29 pm (2 years ago)

Oh yes. I’ll definitely be making this!! I love PB in my smoothies 😀

2. Katie (A Fork in Hand)
    May 29, 2013 at 4:18 am (2 years ago)

What a yummy, nostalgic treat! I think I know what I’m having for breakfast tomorrow…

3. Sophie33
    June 9, 2013 at 4:50 am (2 years ago)

I have a similar smoothy like this often! It looks scrumptious! :)

I miss your tasty visits on my blog! And I have been cooking a lot vegan lately too! x

• * Vegan Sparkles *
      June 10, 2013 at 1:10 pm (2 years ago)

Oh fanastic, Soph! I’m heading over to your place right meow! :) xx

4. Angie [Infinite Health & Wellness]
    July 3, 2013 at 7:50 pm (2 years ago)

I just made this, but I added in spinach and spirulina for it to have some green goodness for the 30 day green smoothie challenge. Oh my god, so good. Although mine didn’t look so pretty :S

• * Vegan Sparkles *
      July 5, 2013 at 2:04 pm (2 years ago)

haha, oh I can imagine the colour but am so happy to hear it was just as yummy! Think I’ll try it green tomorrow! :)

5. erin
    June 9, 2014 at 2:12 pm (1 year ago)

yum!!!just made this…only had 1/4 fresh banana but still amazing!!

• Vegan Sparkles
      June 9, 2014 at 6:11 pm (1 year ago)

So happy to hear you love it as much as I do, Erin – full bananas or not! :)

6. Lauren
    September 22, 2014 at 1:42 pm (1 year ago)

YUM just went out specifically to buy some fresh blueberries to make this 😀

• Vegan Sparkles
      September 23, 2014 at 4:43 pm (1 year ago)

Oh fab, Lauren! I hope you love it as much as I do. :) x

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Healthy ‘Peanut Butter & Jelly’ Smoothie

1. […] often find me sipping on a Mint Choc Chip Smoothie, Banana Bread Smoothie, Healthy PB&J Smoothie, Wild Berry Fool Smoothie or Key Lime Pie […]

2. […] Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie With no added sugar, this smoothie mixes berries, dates, vanilla, and peanut butter for a liquified […]

Talk to Me

Our New eBook

is Here!

Ever wondered how Aromatherapy can help you feel more sparkly every day?

Get free instant access.

Almost there, hot stuff! Check your inbox for your confirmation email.