Virtual Vegan Potluck ✰ Raw Red Velvet Cake Ice-CreamNovember 1st, 2012 65 comments
ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
It all started with this incredible Red Velvet Smoothie recipe from Keepin’ It Kind. I couldn’t stop gawking at the incredible photos or daydreaming about what it would taste like. So what if I’m Australian and have never tasted a Red Velvet Cake in my life? My imagination said it would be awesome. Anything that pretty has gotta be good, right?
Armed with my new ice-cream maker and oodles of enthusiasm I decided to try my hand at creating an ice-cream version. I kept it all raw and healthy but went a bit sweeter and denser for the ice-cream translation.
And the verdict? Oh my WOW, I am in love with a cake that I have never even bitten! I will be devouring this stuff all summer long. Healthy, satisfying and oh so delicious.
Oh and if beets freak you out, I implore you – just try this once. I’m pretty sure you’ll be crushing on it as hard as I am. ♥ (And if not, I happily accept ice-cream deliveries!)
Makes a large tub – probably about 6 serves (plus the serve I drank straight out of the blender, sshhhh):
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup filtered water
- 10 frozen strawberries
- 2 small, very ripe bananas
- 1 small beetroot (pick the softest one you can find), peeled and grated or diced
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Dash of sea salt
- 3 tbsp dark agave nectar
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into ice-cream maker and follow machine instructions.
- Pour mixture into a freezer-proof container and freeze until hard.
- Scoop ice-cream into bowls and enjoy your guilt-free, super healthy treat!
And now on to enjoy the rest of the party! Click ‘Go Forward’ to continue the tour. Have fun! xx