Also known as: a great big pot of family fun awesomeness! (side note: ‘awesomeness’ is no longer rejected by Spellcheck! Apparently it’s a real word now! Hurray!)
When my family and I get together, Fajitas are almost always involved. They’re so festive and fun, the kids love them, and they guarantee silence for twenty minutes or so while everyone munches down. 😉
Vegan Fajitas are also incredibly simple to make, which means you and your sister can simultaneously make Margaritas! Olé!
Sizzling Veg Fajitas with Cashew Queso!
- Fresh chopped veggies of your choice be as creative as you like - we usually favour red capsicum, red onion, fresh organic corn cut from the cob, mushrooms and fresh coriander/cilantro
- Corn Tortillas
- In a large fry pan or skillet, sizzle up the 'hard' veggies of your choice.
- Add the mushrooms and coriander (and any other ‘delicate’ veggies) to the pan later on, so they don’t shrink too much.
- Once the veggies are almost cooked, add a Mexican Fajita seasoning packet or a few teaspoons of spice mix and stir in well.
- SERVE with colourful bowls of salsa, guacamole, cashew queso, and warmed tortillas, and let everyone roll their own.
This queso is also delicious as a dip or served on vegan nachos or any other Tex-Mex dishes you come up with! Enjoy!
Cashew Chili con Queso!
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup salsa we use 'Medium' heat
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tsp chilli powder optional
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of sea salt
- Blend all Queso ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.