OH how I loved Peppermint Truffles when I was in High School! ♥
Primary School too, come to think of it. Maybe I was born loving them and their easy accessibility at school canteens simply enabled my
mmmmmm… The sweet creaminess of the chocolate… The freshness of the mint…
Well what if this pair went off and got all healthy and came back reinvented as an incredibly simple, healthy and delicious power couple?
A power couple that could be ready for the party in a blink of an eye?
I’d want them in my limo. For reals.
Just ten minutes, ten ingredients, and they’re allllll yours.
Just be warned – they’re devastatingly delicious and ripe for kidnapping! Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1 cup Medjool Dates, pitted
- ½ cup Almond Meal
- ½ cup tightly packed fresh Mint leaves
- 6 tbsp raw Cacao Powder
- 4 tbsp shredded unsweetened Coconut
- 2 tbsp Dark Agave or Organic Maple Syrup
- Large pinch Sea Salt
- ⅓ cup chopped Cacao Butter
- ¾ cup Dark Agave or Organic Maple Syrup
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Throw all Mint Slice ingredients into a food processor and process on low speed until well combined and it becomes a kind of sticky 'dough'.
- Push mixture into a flat dish and press down firmly and evenly to create a large 'slice'.
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, gently melt cacao butter.
- As soon as cacao butter is barely melted, stir in all other Ganache ingredients until well combined.
- Use a knife to spread a thin layer of Ganache over the top of the large Mint slice.
- Refrigerate dish for an hour or so.
- Remove from fridge, cut into small slices and serve!