It all started one sunny afternoon when my lovebug posted this fudge recipe on my Facebook wall with the message: “Yes please!”
Well naturally, like the angel I am (*ahem*) I set out to make it for him, but I fancied creating an even faster and healthier version.
And this, my friend, is the story of the 3 Fudges…
Batch One came out of the freezer when friends joined us for a spontaneous dinner party.
Non-vegan friends, and my coconut measurements were a little kooky – and yet these cheeky little morsels disappeared faster than you can yell: “MINE!”
Batch Two came with us to another dinner party. Unfortunately I had experimented with using coconut milk so I could mould them into pretty little patty pans, and we had them out of the freezer for too long.
And that’s all we’ll say about that. Hopefully we get invited back one day…
Batch Three were ‘thank you gift’ed to my lovebug’s brother when he came to pick us up at crazy o’clock to take us to our early Melbourne flight last weekend.
Now if you give someone sweets at 4am and they immediately demolish them and exclaim: “You made me brownies! Awesome!“, I say stay with that recipe, baby. You’re onto a good thing.
- ½ cup organic Desiccated Coconut (pure and unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 small Bananas, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup raw Cacao Powder
- 5 or 6 Medjool Dates, pitted (pre-soaking is optional but does make it easier on your food processor)
- 1 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Blend all ingredients on low speed in a food processor until well combined and a kind of sticky 'dough' forms.
- Remove mixture from food processor and spread in a flat dish using a spatula. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Cover dish and store in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Remove and eat as you please! NOM!