The Fast & Healthy Chocolate Shake Smoothie

Well I don’t know about you, but all that talk about Pressed Juicery’s delicious smoothies made me thirsty for something scrumptious from my own kitchen.

Enter – the super fast and super healthy Chocolate Shake Smoothie!

I adore this smoothie and make it for breakfast at least once a week.  Mostly I share it with my lovebug but sometimes when he’s not looking I drink both large glasses all by myself!  sssshhhhh…

The Fast & Healthy Chocolate Shake Smoothie
From the kitchen of:
Serves: 2
Prep time:
Total time:
  • 1 small bottle Coconut Water (I like Nudie 350ml bottles)
  • 1 heaped tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
  • 1 tsp Maca Powder
  • 4-5 Medjool Dates, pitted
  • 1 large handful Raw Cashew Nuts
  • 1 - 2 frozen Bananas
  • 1 large handful Ice (optional)
  1. Throw all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
  2. Pour into glasses and giggle with delight that something so healthy can taste sooooo good!

healthy choc shake

9 Comments on The Fast & Healthy Chocolate Shake Smoothie

1. Somer
    February 28, 2013 at 7:25 am (3 years ago)

I’m giggling all ready and I haven’t even made it yet. OUT OF CONTROL!

2. Sophie
    March 2, 2013 at 8:06 pm (3 years ago)

This is the sort of smoothy that i absolutely love! :) MMM!

3. Sarina @ Earthgiven Kitchen
    March 4, 2013 at 7:02 am (3 years ago)

Delicious! This looks similar to one I make but I hadn’t thought to add maca powder or coconut water, thanks for the tips!

4. Claire // This is Lifeblood
    April 12, 2013 at 10:54 am (2 years ago)

Yuummmmm!! Not only do I love the sound of this smoothie, but your recipe card and polaroid pics are TO DIE FOR. Loving your site babe! x

5. Noni
    April 23, 2014 at 4:25 pm (1 year ago)

Bex where did you get this bottle and straw from? Cheers

• Vegan Sparkles
      April 24, 2014 at 5:49 pm (1 year ago)

I found the bottle in a wedding florist on Beaufort St (Highgate) during a random pink flamingo purchase (hehe, long story, Noni!).
      The glass straws were from an online company – I can’t quite remember which one but I know The Raw Kitchen in Fremantle stock them now. :) x

• Noni
        April 30, 2014 at 9:27 pm (1 year ago)

Haha ok thanks. Sweet that is the best news- now I have an excuse to go to the Raw Kitchen again 😀

6. Cheryl
    July 18, 2014 at 5:42 pm (1 year ago)

Can I just say YUM! This tasted absolutely amazing. Both my husband and i thoroughly enjoyed it! Thank you.

• Vegan Sparkles
      July 19, 2014 at 5:10 pm (1 year ago)

Oh I’m so glad to hear you both love it as much as I do, Cheryl. My absolute pleasure. :) x

Talk to Me

Our New eBook

is Here!

Ever wondered how Aromatherapy can help you feel more sparkly every day?

Get free instant access.

Almost there, hot stuff! Check your inbox for your confirmation email.