Roast Veg, Quinoa & Dukkah Salad with Tofu FetaJanuary 11th, 2013 8 comments
Oooh, remember that seductive Grill’d salad I was crushing on last week? Here’s a flashback:
It had me non-stop daydreaming about making a version of my own. Only this one’s better because it has tofu feta! Everything is better with feta! Sing it, sister!
This is a great salad to enjoy all year round as the warm veggies and quinoa add comfort even if it’s chilly outside, dukkah lends an exotic touch and feta brings the party home!
Thanks for the inspiration, Grill’d!
- 2/3 cups chopped tofu feta
- 4 cups salad leaves (I used baby spinach and rocket)
- Veggies for roasting (I used pumpkin, zucchini and eggplant)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- Dukkah (I used a mix I bought from a vineyard but it’s easy to make your own)
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Peel and slice vegetables and place them in a single layer on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with cracked black pepper and sea salt, and roast at 180C (350F) for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Rinse quinoa. In a small saucepan, gently simmer quinoa and 1/2 cup water until quinoa has absorbed all the water.
- On a serving plate, layer salad leaves, quinoa and roast vegetables.
- Sprinkle with dukkah and balsamic vinegar, top with cherry tomatoes and feta, and enjoy!
So simple! So fetalicious!