Vegan MoFo Antipasto & Quinoa SaladOctober 21st, 2012 6 comments
Were you SO excited to make Antipasto Tarts for your favourite people yesterday that you ran out and bought wayyy too much antipasto and now have heaps left over?
Never fear! If it’s the weekend, you could transform it into a piping hot Antipasto Pizza.
If it’s a weekday, you’re trying to keep it healthy, right?
This Antipasto Salad is perfect for a midweek dinner. Fast, fresh and simple, it’ll be on its way into your belly before you can say ‘Oooh, I feel so sparkly!’. True story.
- Antipasto (I used marinated artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, char-grilled peppers and olives)
- Avocado, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- Measure half a cup of quinoa per person and rinse thoroughly.
- In a saucepan, simmer quinoa with twice as much water until quinoa absorbs all water. Remove pan from heat.
- On plates, top rocket/spinach leaves (I used both) with quinoa, antipasto, avocado and red onion.
- Drizzle a little of the herb oil from the antipasto across the salad as dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Put your feet up and enjoy!