Vegan MoFo Antipasto TartsOctober 18th, 2012 15 comments
A friend and I saw Immaturi, il Viaggio at the Italian Film Festival on Tuesday night:
Wickedly amusing and filled with food, antics, friends and fun, it reminded me of the Italian Antipasto Tarts I made a little while ago for dinner parties for friends and family. Both times the tarts were the most popular item on the table and both times they were gobbled up with huge, cheeky grins before I managed to snap a decent picture!
Luckily they are a cinch to make again:
- Puff pastry sheets (check the ingredients to ensure it’s vegan)
- Antipasto (I used marinated artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, char-grilled peppers and olives)
- Red onion, chopped
- Courgette, chopped
- Cheeze (I love Notzarella)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F.
- Using a glass or bowl as a template, cut circles in each pastry sheet to fit the holes in your muffin baking tray.
- Grease baking tray and push pastry circles into the holes.
- Top each circle with cheeze, antipasto, onion, courgette and top with more cheeze.
- Bake until pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, top with basil leaves and serve.
The only photo I managed to snap of the finished product! You’ve gotta be quick (and yes, that is a bite out of it)!
Enjoy, lovebugs! I’ve got a recipe to use up the leftover antipasto for you tomorrow! xx