Yesterday dawned with perfect sunshine and the smell of summer on the warm breeze. It was a Monday public holiday and the kind of day that plants a huge, giddy smile on your face and finds you skipping around with excitement about hitting the beach with great friends and a picnic.
I didn’t have time to mess around. I was itching to feel my toes in the warm sand and cool surf. Quickly I grabbed the closest three ingredients and rolled them into delicious balls of bliss.
Yup, that’s right. Just three ingredients:
- Medjool Dates
- Coconut shavings
- Pit dates, chop them very finely and pop them into a bowl.
- Chop pistachios in half.
- With your fingers, roll a small amount of dates into a ball, pushing pistachios into the centre as you roll (also known as the fun, messy part!).
- Roll pistachio/date balls in coconut shavings.
- Repeat until all of the date mixture is used.
- Pack bliss balls in a container and hit the beach, baby!
These bliss balls are a great source of vitamins and fibre and contain high levels of potassium, magnesium, copper and manganese to keep you glowing in the surf all summer long. Fast, fresh and simple.
Sparkle on, glitterbugs! See you tomorrow. xx