It’s finally here, WHOOHOO! The Vegan Virtual Potluck is an eating and drinking celebration brought to you by more than 60 bloggers worldwide. Recipes from the participating bloggers are listed in the order of courses, from amazing appetisers to delicious desserts, so it’s like progressing through a real meal. A huge vegan feast of a meal! I signed up for the Salad course, so you can click on the buttons below to navigate your way to the previous salad dish from Vegans Do It Better or to the next salad dish by Veggie What Now, and then work your way around more than 60 additional vegan dishes! Om nom nom!
For my part in this delicious treasure hunt, I decided to finally make something I’ve wanted to try for ages – taco salad bowls! I was a little nervous about how they’d turn out but they were actually incredibly easy to make. They are also the perfect party food because you can make the bowls ahead of time and even just provide filling ingredients and let your guests assemble their own. Super fun and tasty!
To make the tortilla bowls:
- Pre-heat the oven to 165C.
- Warm a fry pan over medium heat and soften the tortillas by heating them in the pan for a minute on each side.
- Spray oven-proof bowls with oil, and place a tortilla in each bowl.
- Place bowls in the oven and cook for about ten minutes or until the tortillas are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the bowls.
- Fill them with your favourite ingredients! I chose lettuce, julienne carrots, chunks of cucumber, cherry tomatoes, fresh corn from the cob, drained Mexi-beans, sliced mushrooms, sliced red capsicum, avocado, salsa, a squeeze of lime, and fresh coriander leaves, mmmmmm… It doesn’t get much easier than that!
And now I’m off to see what everyone else has cooked up! Happy potluck travels, everyone! 🙂 xx